Who We Are
Protect-A-Bed Europe Ltd(‘we’ or ‘us’ or ‘our’ or ‘REM-Fit (UK)’) gather and process your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and in compliance with the relevant data protection Regulation and laws. This notice provides you with the necessary information regarding your rights and our obligations, and explains how, why, and when we process your personal data.
REM-Fit (UK)’s registered office is at 1 Bridge Lane, London, NW11 0EA, United Kingdom and we are a company registered in England and Wales under company number 06547217.
Information That We Collect
REM-Fit (UK) processes your personal information to meet our legal, statutory, and contractual obligations and to provide you with our products and services. We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in any way, other than as specified in this notice.
The personal data that we collect from is: -
- Telephone Number(s)
- Company Name (where applicable)
- Payment Information (where applicable)
- Preferences relating to your use of the website
- Any personal details you knowingly provide us with through forms, and/or via email or Live Chat.
We collect information in the below ways: -
- Any personal details you knowingly provide us with through contact forms, checkout and our email, such as name, address, telephone number etc.
- Your IP Address, this is a string of numbers unique to your computer that is recorded by our web server when you request any page or component on the Website. This information is used to monitor your usage of the Website.
How We Use Your Personal Data
REM-Fit (UK) takes your privacy very seriously and will never disclose, share or sell your data without your consent, unless required to do so by law. We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purpose(s) specified in this notice. Where you have consented to us providing you with promotional offers and marketing, you are free to withdraw this consent at any time. The purposes and reasons for processing your personal data are detailed below: -
- To register you as a new customer
- To process and deliver your order
- To manage our relationship with you
- To enable you to partake in a promotion, competition, friend referral or complete a survey
- To administer and protect our business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)
- To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you
- To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences including customer profiling
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you
You have the right to access any personal information that REM-Fit (UK) processes about you and to request information about: -
- What personal data we hold about you
- The purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to do so as quickly as possible; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing (where applicable) in accordance with the data protection laws; as well as to object to any direct marketing from us. Where applicable, you have the right to data portability of your information and the right to be informed about any automated decision-making we may use.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure. In cases where such a request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, we can request a “reasonable fee” to deal with the request; or refuse to deal with the request. In either instance we will justify our decision.
Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal Information
We do not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement. REM-Fit (UK) uses service providers and sub-contractors, including but not limited to CRM platform providers, payment processors, insurers, warehouse, storage and logistics providers and cloud service providers, to provide the below services and business functions; however, all processors acting on our behalf only process your data in accordance with instructions from us and comply fully with this privacy notice, the data protection laws and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
Transfers Outside the EU
REM-Fit (UK) utilize some products or services (or parts of them) that may be hosted/stored outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"), which means that we may transfer any information which is submitted by you through the website (or related services) outside the EEA for the below purposes: -
- Accounting and Payment Processing
- Order Processing and Fulfilment
Therefore, when you make a purchase on our website, or contact us in relation to products/services we have provided to you, the personal information you submit may be stored on servers which are hosted outside the EEA. This includes servers hosted by service providers and sub-contractors, including but not limited to CRM platform providers, payment processors, insurers, warehouse, storage and logistics providers and cloud service providers. Where this is the case, we will take steps to ensure that those providers use the necessary level of protection for your information and abide by strict agreements and measures set out by REM-Fit (UK) to protect your data and comply with the relevant data protection laws.
REM-Fit (UK) takes your privacy seriously and takes every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction and have appropriate layers of security measures in place. All the information we collect about you is stored on our secure servers and will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law. For example, we use secure encryption to hold passwords (e.g. the password allocated as part of the registration process – which may later be changed).
Consequences of Not Providing Your Data
You are not obligated to provide your personal information to REM-Fit (UK), however, as this information is required for process your order and deliver your products/services, we will not be able to offer some/all our services without it.
How Long We Keep Your Data
REM-Fit (UK) only ever retains personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations. We are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years.
Where you have consented to us using your details for direct marketing, we will keep such data until you notify us otherwise and/or withdraw your consent.
In order to be able to offer you Klarna’s payment options, we will pass to Klarna certain aspects of your personal information, such as contact and order details, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment options and to tailor the payment options for you.
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at 1 Bridge Lane, London, NW11 0EA, United Kingdom.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk