Affirmations are short, positive statements that can help you to overcome negative thought patterns and bring about change. Not convinced? Studies show that people who believe they can change and develop themselves with a strategy are more likely to possess a growth mindset. Having a growth mindset is key to adapting behaviours, such as negative thought patterns into positive outcomes.
Negative thought patterns before sleep can often lead to thoughts such as:
- I’m never going to get to sleep.
- I’m going to be so tired tomorrow.
- I can’t stop thinking about the things I haven’t accomplished today.
- I’m worried about …
- I’m angry that I can’t go to sleep.
- Everyone else is awake but me.
- I’m going to be awake when my alarm goes off.
By repeating these thoughts in your mind, you reinforce them and decrease your chances of falling asleep. Once you are in a cycle of negativity, it can be very hard to break out of it.
However, by simply replacing those negative thoughts with positive affirmations, you are much more likely to increase your chances of getting a deep and restorative rest.
Positive affirmations can have a huge impact on changing your mindset and overcoming the obstacle of getting to sleep. You can either read them aloud to yourself, listen to them through your smart pillow, or repeat them in your head like a mantra as you lay in bed.
Here are some positive affirmations that you can use before you go to bed to ensure that you get a great night’s sleep:
- I am relaxed and prepared for a night of deep sleep.
- My body’s natural sleep cycle helps me to drift off to sleep.
- I sleep deeply throughout the night.
- I experience restorative sleep each and every night.
- My bedroom is a sleep oasis.
- I wake up feeling refreshed and alert.
- I fill my days with sleep promoting habits.
- Insomnia is no longer a part of my life.
- I accomplished what I could today and I will accomplish even more tomorrow after a night of deep sleep.
If you would like to find out more about how a REM-Fit Mattress, REM-Fit Sleep Monitoring technology or Zeeq Smart Pillows can help you to get a better night’s rest, please get in touch with our experienced, knowledgeable staff by calling 020 8731 0020 or email us via firstname.lastname@example.org.